While we strive to use all commercially acceptable means in making sure that all information provided on this website is accurate to the best of our knowledge, we cannot guarantee that comments, answers and responses from our users are without errors, omissions or are misleading.
Since our website provides a community forum, we cannot prohibit the redistribution of information by other users and/or visitors to this site; therefore we will not be responsible for the spreading of said information on to other sites/platforms.
We do not warrant or represent: the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website; that the material on the website is up to date; or that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. AuthorsinAfrica holds no representations nor warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, AuthorsinAfrica does not warrant that:
Licence to use website
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser; and
- print pages from our website,
- create an account, join community forum, write comments, review and make purchases.
You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any unlawful purposes.
Downloads: You are not allowed to:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website) without our express and written consent;
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for any commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not bypass any access restriction measures on our website.
You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent and harmful to the public.
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of this disclaimer, our website and the use of our website.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our staff and, having regard to that interest, you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our staff or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or this disclaimer.
- We may revise this disclaimer from time to time.
- The revised disclaimer shall apply to the use of our website from the time of publication of the revised disclaimer on the website.
- If a provision of this disclaimer is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of this disclaimer would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- This website is owned and operated by AuthorsinAfrica.
- You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.